As you may have noticed, there has not been a blog post in a very long time. However, I try my best to keep the community updated using announcements and Discord. The reason I have not put out any blog posts lately is not because nothing has changed, but rather because I really haven't had the time or train of through to sit down and write a thorough blog post. Seeing that a lot of updates and changes have been ocurring, I thought I would fill everyone in via a blog post, as I know announcements are hard to follow and not everyone has a Discord account.
Changes are still ocurring and a new blog post will be made when the site has been officially finished.
The website has received a lot of updates in the past few weeks. The reason for this is because I want to pursue Artex Development and other projects further instead of having to spend time updating small and mostly unused projects like MH-DNS and Codity on this site. For this reason, I am starting to move the site towards a more stable system that will not require constant updates and care.
- User Management API
- Instead of sticking with my poorly put together and documented user authentication API, I have started to move over to a proper OAuth 2.0 API. This means that the entire API has been changed and all applications using the API will have to be updated to work with the new changes and updates.
- Along with changing the API itself, I have also tried to improve the professional appearance of the documentation. Because of this, the documentation is currently only part of the way completed and will be updated over time. More information can be found at the documentation here.
- The dashboard has been entirely removed. Instead of relying on a separate design for the dashboard, I have implemented most of the features of the dashboard, excluding those that pertained to removed projects, into the main site. This was done in order to keep a constant design flow throughout the site and to make everything feel a little more put together.
- Users are now able to view their profile here. Along with this, more functionality has been given to the user's account page, such as allowing users to change their password and the email address associated with their account.
- A new feature that has been added with the addition of OAuth is the ability to view the applications that you have authorized to view your account. With this, you are able to revoke authorization from specific applications or from all applications with the click of a single button.
- MH-DNS, Codity and More
- As I said before, I am no longer going to continue these smaller projects due to the amount of work that was needed to continue their development and the little use they received by members of the community. However, these projects will still be archived and there is a chance that I might make them open-source in the future, but that chance is pretty low.
- Along with MH-DNS and Codity, other pages were also removed from the site. Pages such as those that listed by projects and other information about me were removed because they did not seem to serve any purpose. If you would like to find out information about my GitHub projects, you can view them at mathhulk.me and you can view my own profile at mathhulk.com.
All the work I have been doing on my site to downsize and make it more professional is in hopes of continuing projects with my team of developers at Artex Development. I want to spend more time working on fun and useful projects with the team instead of spending all my time on my own projects that no one really uses. At Artex Development, we have plans to expand our projects into smaller communities, or subsidiaries as we like to call them. More information on these will be provided at a later point, as we are still in the planning stage.
As always, be sure to check out Artex Development here and join our Discord guild here.